Chatt*lab Member Onboarding
Starting in 2018, new members should go through an onboarding process that ensures they have the tools and access they need to be a good Chattlab member, understand the culture as well as our general policies.
The following member and administration items need to be performed as part of new member setup:
Candidate To Do
Chatt*lab Administration To Do
- Assign a member number, enter information into groupspaces database.
- Verify payment received.
- Record state id number
- Assign a member storage bin.
- Add user to chattlab-members email group.
- Collect signed waiver and put in file.
- Assign member their RFID.
- Schedule a time for member orientation.
Other Things to Cover
- Go over our Policies
- There is no uptime guarantee on equipment - we all work on it.
- Ways to help out. Trash, vending machines, etc.
- Email list, what's involved; slack; be active.
- No discussion of politics or religion.
- We're a 501©3 educational non-profit. Nobody makes a profit.
- Don't use pallets in the woodshop
- Various managers for respective labs.
- go through the wiki
- Amazon smile
- Don't go to Jeff every time
- Don't store materials in a corner.
- Don't paint/stain in space with high VOC materials.