Chattlab Covid-19 Policy
General Rules for all Work and Storage Areas
Before Coming to the space
- If you are feeling sick do not come to the space
- Take your temperature before leaving home. If it is 99 or greater, do not come to the space
- If you have had a temperature of 99 or greater in the last 48 hours do not come to the space
- Wipe down any tools, equipment, bags etc. you are bringing to the space with disinfectant wipes
- Pack your own PPE and disinfectant wipes/cleaning products for use while at the space. We have some on hand in case you forget or your mask is lost/destroyed, but we have a limited number and ask you bring your own PPE.
Masks should be worn inside the space when you are working around others within a 10 feet radius. If more than 5 people are in the space, a mask is required to be worn. These masks must cover the nose and mouth of the wearer and be one of the following:
- Mass-produced dust mask such as N95, FFP2, KN95, P2, Korea 1st class, DS2
- Sewn cloth masks (wash daily!)
- Surgical masks.
Upon arrival at the space
- Put on your mask
- Sanitize your hands with the sanitizer provided at each entrance.
- Follow social distance rules in the area you are working.
- Follow all posted rules/signage.
While working on your project
- Wipe down any tools you used with a spray disinfectant after you finish using them.
- Dispose of any wipes or towels used during your work.
Enforcement of rules
All members are empowered to enforce these rules. If a member observes a fellow member or a guest breaking the rules they should follow the following escalation procedure:
- Politely remind the person that there are new rules they need to follow.
- If the person refuses, politely remind them that all members are empowered to enforce these rules.
- If the person still refuses, contact any board officer and report the member. Please note the date/time you observed the behavior. If the person becomes belligerent or argumentative please do not engage further, simply disengage and contact a board member or area lead, we will take steps to address the infraction.
- Penalty for anyone refusing to follow rules will vary depending on the severity and frequency of the infractions. However, refusal can result in punishment up to and including permanent expulsion from the Chattlab Makerspace if necessary.